Friday 8 April 2011

Tautology or the study of tortoises

Outline lesson schema (all work done on both reins)
Walk loose rein
halt towards fence drop contact
canter loose rein
trot long side LY to track SI to end medium next long side
Change rein in travers
counter canter / medium canter / canter circle
Tautology is not the study of tortoises :~}
What were the challenges?
Cantering on a loose rein
Have forgotten what travers is
Not doing the 'what ifs' on the ponies in adjacent field.
How did we deal with the challenges?
By doing it regardless and giving as much rein as I can.
What went well?
Canter
Not being bothered by crow spook, riding large without 'what ifs' taking over
What went less well?
Travers - brain/leg interface failure
On losing connection to C I halt. I need to do something different. The majority of the time I lose connection because I start to think too far out about the next movement and stop riding in the now and abandon him.
How well did I ride?
Losing connection was an issue but overall I can feel there is progress. Canter has improved (yes a fair bit of that will be down to Clare riding him in between but I'm still riding better). The overall feel is also better, I feel we're on the same side and we're doing this together.


No comments:

Post a Comment