Friday 1 April 2011

Taking Stock

So lovely morning at yard.

The ever lovely Clare rode Chorrie this morning, always good to see a better rider on your horse. It did make me think I must get some video of my lessons as watching Clare I'm now certain that when I think he is forwards and is going well the speed we cover the ground (and yes I know fast is not forwards) is not as great as I perceive it to be.

So if I could get a better reality in my head I think that would be useful.

Interesting that he's not hugely confident whilst trotting on a long rein and that he needs reassurance. Is this something I've created with my own prior lack of confidence and thus need for a contact or is his lack of confidence why I'm still finding this work challenging?

I do know however that this is a challenge I can overcome as it wasn't that long ago I was unhappy on a long rein in walk. so measurable progress in my letting go both mentally and physically of the contact.

At the risk of getting all soppy and I do know that is one of my endearing qualities ;~} I can honestly say that the last three months so Q1/2011 where I've consistently had lessons and input from Clare have been some of my happiest horsy months.

I've got a different attitude to my schooling I'm now going in the school more on my own and whilst it isn't as good as when Clare is there, I'm doing it with fewer evasions(!)

I'm also much calmer out competing and I can stay connected and it isn't as frantic as it used to be.

Carol came to have a lesson with Clare on Murphy to see how they get on together. The little I saw looked jolly good and I was so pleased to get a FaceAche message from Carol with the news she is doing a month's trial.

I'm hugely fond of Murphy, I think because he reminds me of Skunk, they have similar characters and a shared physicality. I think Carol and Murphy will have a lot of fun, good times and happiness in their future together.

No comments:

Post a Comment