Friday 8 April 2011

Sometimes you have to go back to go forwards

This occurred to me today that sometimes you have to take what to the external world may seem like a backwards step in order to go forwards.

So January 2011 you could have looked at videos of me and C and comparing that to September 2010 I think it would be fair to say rider has improved so legs less flappy, overall quieter picture but the horse was going less well.

April 2011 rider still looking better and horse going as well (possibly better) than September 2010.

So yes initially what appeared to be a backwards step was actually a forwards step in improving the rider and it isn't just position the game has changed mentally too.

I'll now walk on a loose rein whereas back in November 2010 that was an ask too far, I'll trot and as of today canter on a looser rein.

I'm much better out competing I can stay focused during my test and have time to think and prepare, things are no longer happening too fast.

Chorister no longer hangs back in his stable but walks out now without hesitation so I think he prefers my attitude too




No comments:

Post a Comment