Animating horse walk
Livery Yard History
- February 1995 - June 2000 Middle Farm
- June 2000 - March 2001 Twelve Acres
- March 2001 - September 2001 Cornbury
- September 2001 - September 2002 Calais Oak
- September 2002 - Date Duttons
- My suggestion is to balance in half seat / standing in stirrups in trot. Might need to hang on to mane / strap not to bounce / grab if lose balance. Find the point of balance. Then sit down. Don't move your legs in the process. Repeat to test your legs remain in the right place. Should put you in position where if you remove horse you would land on feet and not topple over.
- one whip held horizontal in both hands to keep them still?
- holding a longish grab strap with little fingers of both hands to keep them still?
- Trying to rise through your hands and elbows rather than taking them with you?