Sunday 24 April 2011

Sunny Easter Sunday Schooling

Today I was prepared for the heat, bottle of squash in freezer and alarm set for 06:30 so I could ride before the heat of the day.

Alarm goes off revealing overcast cool morning so have another hour in bed :) Off to yard turn Fred out start to groom Chorrie and notice he has a lump palmar medial right hind. Cold, solid and not sore to palpate so carried on with plan to ride him.

Walked on looser rein, did some travers might have been renvers *doh* need to get them nailed in my head next time I see Clare as find it worse than left/right.

Went over simple changes as these need to be nailed fairly soon, Chorrie can do good simple changes it is Peppa Pig on top who struggles!

Finished off with some halts and woo hoo and praise to the Goddess of Halts because

1/ I remembered to not fiddle the front end but let him be
2/ He stopped the yawing and stood

Result, also need to get this sorted.





No comments:

Post a Comment