Monday 7 March 2011

Sparkly Tail and Sunshine

Slight comedy moment I am about to get on just as Clare arrives, I greet Clare and Chorrie turns around to say hello too with me dangling in space :-), gracefully drop to ground, represent pony to mounting block and draw a veil over that.

To celebrate the sunshine I sprayed Chorrie's tail with gold hairspray to make it sparkle in the sun, yes I am intelligent, yes I am a professional woman but also have an inner pink sparkly four year old that I now allow out occasionally. All kind of odd as ten years ago I'd not have been seen dead in pink etc.

Today's lesson was about forwards, how to get and remain connected.

After warming up collect the trot from the seat, so with light hands, and then allow forwards so you get a push from behind, so have to co ordinate the push from behind into an allowing hand, and not let it all flop out the front or restrict with the hand.

Thought the trot was pretty successful in canter much more of a work in progress as to be expected given where I am with canter at the moment.

Homework

Poles canter over poles, varying number of strides.
Forward seat to upright seat maintaining stride length.


No comments:

Post a Comment