Friday 4 March 2011

Riding in the sunshine

This morning did not start well had to rush to the loo and not sure which end to point first :-( then had a bit of a miscommunication down the yard. I was trying to be supportive but failing to deliver that message :-(

By now the sun had come out and I'd removed the obligatory pony mud pack and dragged Chorrie blinking into the sun.

Got on and started warming up and Clare arrived, got chatting about last Sunday and this coming Sunday.

My goals for Sunday are to do my warm up plan, so need to be on board in time, and to ride with connection. The only opinion that matters on Sunday is Chorrie's.

Talked about not riding at marker but towards and past marker.

Worked on improving my seat in canter, Clare had a brief sit on and said he is getting lighter in the rein :-), to overcome the tendency I have to collect him. Experimented with what I needed to do to achieve working canter.

The current feel for me is to have the chest open and up and to feel slightly sat back and that improves the canter :-)

Excellent lesson and in the sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment