Saturday 19 March 2011

Bangs head

So apparently my video shows:-

On the other hand I am a Dressage Judge and so I am used to assessing a horse in
5mins but I do have the benefit of seeing the horse directly in front of me.I
did see some irregularities in the horses paces and also the pelvis of the horse
did drop on one side more then the other. The horses paces were very earthbound,
the impulsion from the hindquarters was poor, the horse was not working over his
back and he was on the forehand. However the rider showed that she had an
understanding of arena craft and from what I could see the horse did appear to
be accepting the contact. The level the horse is competing at may be slightly
different to the levels down under but I would say that he would be competing at
Preliminary level.

At Preliminary level in Australia the National Equestrian Federation states that
purpose of a Preliminary level test is to confirm that the horse's muscles are
supple and loose and that it moves freely forward in a clear and steady rhythm,
accepting contact with the bit.

In the working trot I would expect to see good hock action with the hock lifted
clearly up and forward, unfortunately on the video I did not see this.

2 comments:

  1. Is this from a certain female loony-tune on that list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That narrows it down *not* lol will FaceAche you xx

    ReplyDelete