Friday 25 March 2011

Canter canter

Today's lesson was mostly canter.

Did some travers in walk he does like travers :-D also did travers on the diagonal aka half pass.

Interesting that canter on a circle my seat fails me but in a straight line I'm ok and yes it is me because Clare rode him Wednesday and she doesn't have this issue so definitely me :*) Not enough spare neurons to canter and circle!

When he engages behind he tends to look to the hand to support him, so try not fix the hand but keep it soft especially the right when it is inside hand. Shoulder in useful.

Exercise was forward trot short side pick up canter down long side forward trot short side counter canter down long side. Also when in true canter flexion both side.

Only use one leg at a time (me not him!!)

When he is forwards don't pull the bleeding reins!

No comments:

Post a Comment