Sunday 6 March 2011

Isis Sunday 6th March 2011 P19

Woke up feeling yukky again, really didn't feel like bothering going but if I do want to ride Elementary come June I need to get my ass out to as many competitions as possible.

Tried some tea and toast to see if that helped, Tony wonders if I should see our GP but what can I tell him? I sometimes feel a bit nauseous in the morning and occasionally get an upset stomach. Entirely possible the feeling yukky was nerves who knows? Of course the other problem is on a non competition day I'd not eat until after I'd done the ponies but given how long the day will be I simply can't do that

Anyway went to yard as not leaving until late so can make go/no go decision later.

Come 10:00 was improving but also starting to suffer from can't be assed - itis all the prep for five minutes. As Tony said it will always be that way so either embrace it or don't compete.

Anyway decided to go and resisted adding gold sparkle to Chorrie's tail.

Arrived and managed to park next to someone I know from a horse forum so small world, not that I'm very chatty pre competing as Tony would say the only times I'm quiet are when I'm about to compete and when I'm asleep!

Got boy tacked up and tried to decide on white or navy gloves, really must get gloves that match my breeches and get a stock to match or embrace white and buy white breeches. How do some things from your early days stay with you so much? I get vaguely irritated if my stock/breeches/saddle cloth/gloves don't match and always wear a hair net but never notice what others are wearing and anyway as if it matters one jot!

So OK time to get a cream set together and a white set together there decision made!

So warmed up indoors and stuck to my plan so tick in the box, slightly wide eyed at people walking on the outer track but just avoided them as couldn't be assed to shout 'track please' as warm up quiet. Clearly they've not ridden over at Sue's where she screams at anyone not obeying basic rules.

Warmed up with Maggie B again never got time to chat as once she'd finished she was off to pick up second horse.

Warm up more structured and I stayed connected better so another tick.

So went into outdoors had to wait for a tractor pulling a low loader with a digger (?) on to go past and Debby Carpenter (List 6) rang the bell up centre line turn right 15m circle at R, change rein B -K and it just felt like no petrol in tank.

On plus side I stayed connected but the test was desperately lacking in forwards and 'zip'.

Cantered early right rein but stayed with it as too close to centre line to correct (see that's good that I can make that judgement call whilst riding a test)

Score was fair at 60.9% but I know we can do better and have done better.

So need to review with Clare and get some feedback on what to do differently next time out.

Also want to start working on having him off the leg and being connected as opposed to bunny in headlights.

Talking of bunnies baby bunny ran out in front of car and couldn't avoid him :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment