Monday 14 March 2011

Bounce that bottom

So lesson on Friday rode on my own Saturday sans spurs, worked on quick transitions and canter transitions using outside leg. Transitions were quicker and better :-) canter still something of a work in progress. Sunday went visiting LM back to yard for late lunch, mucked out pooh picked, cleaned trough, cleaned bridle then my visitor arrived :-D Put the world to rights over a cup of tea.

So onto my lesson (am struggling to recall it accurately :-( ) started off with walk on a long rein trust him, then pick him up add in some halts, which today was rather Just William ish. Chorrie is easily bored, yes I know that is anthropomorphic but he cheers up when you add in walk pirouettes so go figure.

Onto trot, ignore head, add in some trot walk trot transitions (these are better and quicker than they were on Friday woo hoo! )

If he does the hard Paddington Bear stare then bend him, but let it go and turn the page.

"Adjust him and trust him"

Onto canter right, go forwards seat, use voice, outside leg only, can you change the bend?

Onto left rein, collect trot watch use of hand stop collecting and let him power you forwards. had two 'moments' one where he was really bouncing under me, and one where he really came out into a good trot.

Canter of left rein also improved (brain fade cannot remember my points to note)

Biggest point to note was when he is taking me forwards in trot and I feel it is 'too much' then throttling him back inside rein sends the wrong that is mixed message about forwards. Outside hand to half halt - yes of course I know that but I need to own it, or do shoulder in or circle but under no account pull inside rein.

Good lesson :-D





No comments:

Post a Comment