Tuesday 29 March 2011

29th March Schooling

What did I do (on both reins)?
Long rein
Pick up walk, add in halts.
Trot large and loose
SI long side, straighten canter large, trot at C
What went well?
Long rein work
Came out more forwards than yesterday.
What went less well?
SI long side, straighten canter large, trot at C
What were the problems?
Initial lack of softness
Holding in canter
How did we deal with the problems?
Trot -> walk -> trot for softness
Thinking of rhythm and imagery to help with holding in canter
Base of neck is it mobile?
How well did I ride?
Mixed bag felt my legs were better, canter not as good as yesterday but was determined to crack right canter and for him not to break and that we achieved.
What should I learn from this?
I can do stuff on my own, it may not be as good as when Clare is there but unless I do actually do it on my own it will never be as good as when Clare is there. It is all the small steps that will add up to the longer journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment