Tuesday 1 February 2011

Solo Schooling

So rode today and goal was to recreate as near as possible to what I had yesterday.

For me to feel connected to Chorrie I need to have him literally in both reins as a start, our tendency is on the left rein to not connect and that is one of the things that prevents connection. If he isn't with me physically my brain goes into melt down and just jabbers away leaving no room for anything else.

To warm up walk pirouettes on a square both reins, then trot circles with quarters in/out.

When he comes into both reins breathe and allow.

Was really good to feel connected not as good as when Clare was there but almost. However the take home is that I did it.

Am still of opinion that getting this connection is the foundation from which all else will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment