Sunday 1 June 2014

Tom Graham @ Duttons Lesson Three

So safe to say lesson was bloody good :-)

I like Tom's style, he is very encouraging whilst expecting good work, he teaches you the why and gives you ideas for you to try, he doesn't ride the horse through you.

So today was a lot about not letting him brace his neck against me, Chorrie's default to new things seems to be to brace and block, however I must also be sure I am not blocking him.

Need to keep my left hand CLOSED around the rein, failure to do so leads to poor work.

Trot down long side half 10m circle, leg yield to track, shoulder in to end

Three quarter or centre line, shoulder in, should at least stay on my line as a minimum, feel which way he wants to lean.

Refresh trot with large circle give and retake rein, lengthen rein forwards, on and back.

Start diagonal line then flexion then leg yield ensure we go where I want and finish where I want.

Finished with on and back going large, bloody hell that boy can trot!

Tom is a god the difference we get over a lesson is simply bloody amazing

Need to remember to rebalance the trot and not just keep taking it don't ask beyond what he can freely give

No comments:

Post a Comment