Saturday 28 June 2014

More Mr Fabulous

So started off with Tom asking how it had been since last lesson and what did I want to work on this session

Explained had been concentrating on suppleness as felt this was biggest missing link as he had good natural rhythm and contact aways came good if we had rhythm and suppleness

Wanted Tom to watch me start working in and to discuss afterwards 

So worked in really pleased with how much progress we have made, he moves sideways away from my leg now so much better now, need to watch left shoulder is straight.

Then looked at trot need to go with him and not get behind him, also I need to raise my game and not get a piece of good work, praise him and then just stop riding (SFO also has said this ) praise him and finish properly not just abandon him

Worked on leg yield then SI or towards medium trot

Next exercise was SI up centre line then take counter flexion then refine this down to just a feeling of counter flexion, in trot do I have options can I collect or push the trot on? Doesn't need to be huge either way just need to test I have the adjustability.

So take home message was I need to test the adjustability more, it should be invisible to onlookers it will also keep him focused (and me!)  

Was another excellent lesson Chorrie improves every lesson so wish I had found Tom years ago he had improved the way I ride Chorrie beyond recognition and I now have a horse that can go forwards 

Pony in a billion 




No comments:

Post a Comment