Saturday 10 September 2011

Pelvic stability

Back to SFO, slower journey than usual not helped by not having volume on Tom Tom up and took wrong slip for M5 so had to do detour to get back to where I was supposed to get onto M5 *doh*

So arrived 10 minutes late bursting for the loo! Whizzed past Pooh quick peck on nose to loo *oh* the relief! :@)

Back to say proper hello to Poohzles whilst Sue bid the vet goodbye. Vet didn't seem to want to leave.

Blackberry

Started off on Blackberry SFO commented how much squarer I am sat, so legs over saddle and sit, then legs back whilst keeping pelvis square and my lower back 'filled'/'in play'/'stuffed'. Well that was a big fat fail! Seems like my legs and pelvis move as one.

So one leg over saddle and one leg hanging whilst SFO moves hanging leg and I need to try and figure out how to stay on my seat with a level pelvis. Got a slap on the boot at one point! Client abuse!

So right leg drops easily BUT body joins in, left leg doesn't drop as easily but is more independent of body.

So lots of playing with that, with good results :-) quite proud of my short stumpy legs looking so much better.

Then back to position left/right and changing between, for some reason passing all understanding I have to look to the side I'm changing to. SFO suggested blinkers!

End result was pretty good but still moving head! *doh* *doh* *doh*

Pooh

So now the lovely Pooh Bear.

Legs looking better, need to have more body tone in trot without tensing the legs, sounds simple!

Much more lateral stability whilst not thinking about it, was too busy trying to have tone in body and flexible leg joints!

In canter need need need body tone, as soon as I collapse so does Pooh, your horse your mirror. Oddly enough collapse more pronounced on right rein than left. Had expected right to be easier as my left side is more stable (pillar and staying on seat bone) than right.

Who knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment