Saturday 24 September 2011

30 hours with Clare at SFO's place

Started off by walking the puppies, lovely walk around park with the mist rising, some concerns over Oliver as he's been a bit 'off' not too keen to let me examine his mouth but can't see anything so after much discussion decide to book them into vets early for vaccinations on Monday.

Friday blue assed fly impression to get to Clare's for 10:45 well that was a fail but only by about six minutes!

Saw the girls bedrooms would happily move into either Claudia's Peppa Pig or Maddie's pony princess palace :-)

So squashed everything into the tiny boot or onto the parcel shelf and set off on our great adventure.

Arrived a few minutes after 13:00 no sign of SFO so went to play house and make a cup of tea. Was pleased with the idea of freezing the lasagne so it acted as its own ice pack less pleased at the milk leaking.

So after a reviving cup of tea went off in search of SFO and Blackberry via Pooh Bear a kiss and a carrot.

Blackberry Lesson 1

Worked on position right and left which is improving, also flatness of back and staying on seat whilst turning left/right so progress.

SFO used two 'sausages' (clearly not real ones !) under my thighs and I just cantered along with them in place which is an idea from Sally Tottle. Really releases the thigh muscles. Was very glad I'd had a wee as when SFO was sculpting my right leg it hit the leg sensor and Blackberry galloped off and all I could do was laugh. Good test of my pelvic floor. I didn't grab the reins clearly having been told last lesson on Pooh to stop climbing up the reins clearly too scared to pull. :-D

Pooh Bear Lesson 1

So lunge on Poozles, did work with no stirrups and reins which was a bit surprising as two weeks ago I'd not have been up for that, just goes to show that SFO is making significant changes for me. Possibly confirms my theory about balance being confidence? Worked on canter much easier to get transition still not sufficient body tone to maintain.

Supper

Supper deserves a subject heading as food is important in these over nighters, as whilst the lessons are for me mentally taxing, part of the whole Arrow 'thing' for me is a nice supper, good wine and good company.

Lasagne worked well as in it cooked without needing and attention so we could sit and chat over glass of wine then go shower, open a bag of salad and taa dah supper is served. Chocolate tart to finish (we know how to eat)

Personally thought it worked better than a take away as no need to drive to collect so more time to chill/drink/shower.

Breakfast was warm pain au chocolate and getting up at the luxuriously late time of 08:00.

Blackberry Lesson 2

SFO has the vaulting roller back so did some work on that, managed to kneel and did the one leg thing to the side and down whilst kneeling which was agony so soon sat down again!

Otherwise all felt good until I got off then the agony hit!

Pooh Bear Lesson 2

Was thinking I'd only manage 30 minutes but SFO took pity on me and let me keep my stirrups! Worked on my rising trot, need to 'point' elbows as I rise and think give hands as I sit. Worked on canter and I need to ask for canter with the feel/tone I have when I've just halted. Got some good transitions so pretty chuffed.

General mumblings

Told SFO how much I'd missed her teaching and she told me she'd missed me too :@)

Am thinking fish pie next trip!

Tony took Beaglie to vets he has lip fold pyoderma which accounts for the sore looking skin but it isn't I don't think the issue. My gut feeling is his back has worsened so am going to do a NSAID test and see if he feels better on a low NSAID dose. Will also ask for blood profile to be run when he has his yearly jab which won't be next week now as he is on ABs for the pyoderma.

No comments:

Post a Comment