Monday 26 September 2011

Bandaging exam

So Nicky out this morning at 07:00 *yawn* 07:00 isn't early but given I'm 30 minutes from yard and need boy mucked out, groomed and iced it is a bit challenging when I'm too stupid to go to bed early!

So Nicky arrives does the Ultrasound / H wave / general massage. I get shown how to apply her figure 8 support bandage then have to do one to demonstrate competence. Found this stressful as never like practical exams but pass :-D no idea what pass mark was (get teased later by my vet over this!)

Nicky likes my Eskadron Climatex bandage pads, see knew they'd come in useful eventually.

Pointers Eskadron label on outside of leg at top (!) start pad mid leg width.

Walk boy out is loading medially on left fore, suspect ties in with fact that last Thurs there was a focal hot spot on left check ligament laterally on left fore.

IBS is playing up big time grateful we now have loo at yard, spent far too much time in there this am, one visit every 45 minutes!

Walked boy out for pick of grass, thought Fred looked like he might be out on track but then thought not, carried on hand grazing as Fred bod casually saunters up track to see whats occurring!

Finish Chorrie then go back to sort out Fred bod!

Go home and go to bed as feeling rancid, sleep for several hours, force myself up and onto sofa which is where I've been since 18:00.

Liz rang me back, carry on hand grazing, need oedema to reduce some more, drop bute down, happy for me to bandage overnight and whilst out grazing. Amused at bandaging exam (!)

Have heard of nice mare up for sale, need to sweet talk husband and get head around do I really want a third horse or do I stick to my September plan of going to Arrow 3 times/month instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment