Monday 25 June 2012

So after thirteen months of box rest/small pen turnout I finally rode my pony!


Woke up feeling a bit apprehensive was OK until drove on yard then realised 'this is it' today I get back on board.

Foot soldiers  booked for 12:00 was hoping yard would be quiet but not to be as people still around and noticed the boy was wearing his tack :- 



Had both schools booked as wasn't sure which one I was going to use, decided to use small school as whilst boy finds it spookier than the large school, physio did say it is the best surface to rehab him on.

Go into school and walk boy around in hand very interested but not silly.

Take to mounting block and get on, wait to see if any reaction then sit up, clip lunge line on.

So now we're on the lead rein   Chorrie's back is very up and he is very tense. Oddly enough I'm not, I can feel his back is up and his breathing is shallow but he isn't the bucking type so we just walk around on the lead rein.

Get a few glimpses of relaxation but mostly he is tense. Keep walking and talking stop in a good moment and shower him with Polos.

I am  in shock and denial that I'm finally back on board. He just felt so familiar  did feel a bit disappointed we never made it off lead rein but do appreciate we need to go at his pace.

Will spend next week walking him in hand around school in tack; ideally I'd have done this prep last week but was cognisant of fact if I did so it would have built up today into and even bigger thing with the consequent danger I'd be too nervous to actually get on.

Am pleased I was relaxed, have two more foot soldier sessions booked in for 2nd and 5th July.

Interesting that when I took him back out to field he charged off bucking and wheeling releasing all his pent up tension.

Me I got home and collapsed in a heap with the post adrenalin crash.


No comments:

Post a Comment