Friday 8 June 2012

A new hope dawns and Fred worry


Two more weeks and I'll be back on board :-) am a little disappointed as was expecting it to be Monday and had foot soldier booked but vet thinks yes I could get on as originally agreed but two more weeks would be better, given how long it has been another two weeks isn't that long really.

Fred is a worry :-( his heels have collapsed since being in on box rest for the check ligament injury, got vet to examine him.

His feet are hot at the heels which isn't that much of a surprise as he is putting a fair bit of weight down through them, which of course compounds the issue. I couldn't feel a pulse (well I could but it was normal) but got vet to check.

So upshot is vet and farrier going to speak, vet thinks he is doing a good job but that Fred may need some ££££ pads that help with this plus half shoes have also tested ACTH . Farrier has used the pads before but without success in fact made that pony worse which is why Fred not in them but he is hoping vet can tell him about success stories.

To be honest I'm scared this could be the issue that loses me Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment