Saturday 31 March 2012

Perfect

Is what I got told today :-) I think that was referring to a brief moment of one aspect of my equitation and not the whole lesson :-)

Right side is still an issue, on Blackberry using the ropes I can easily stay down my left side with or without a stirrup, right side not so much. Can improve it if I list my right toe WTF?

Onto Pooh did usual buckle work and then Sue wanted him picked up, am slightly *gulp* at how many layers SFO has to her equitation. So not only do I need to

look ahead
stretch my right side
sit straight
follow the contact
steer
maintain forward activity
have a front line

I also need to think about the horse! SFO asked if Pooh was moving evenly from behind (not as in lame) clearly I am learning something because rather than just saying ' no idea' I tried to think about it.

My right hip was being moved further forward than my left hip, so I could either retard my right hip or move the left more. This is something SFO learnt from Barbara Leach synchronising your movement to that of the horse.

Then on trot and canter when will I remember to stretch my right side? *bangs head*

Then lunge and work on contact using grab strap need to have feel of hands forward whilst body can do 'stuff' behind hands without hands becoming backward.

So hook little fingers under grab strap, need to keep grab strap taut in front and between hands.

Worked on point / soft which needs to come much more from my shoulders, well maybe it doesn't but if that is where I think it is coming from SFO says good :-)

Then onto canter, need to have more body in front of elbows and for now need to keep elbows at sides.

Then back free to get a FDO trot *fcuk* that was difficult, really difficult under the forensic gaze :-)

mentally shattered





No comments:

Post a Comment