Saturday 17 March 2012

Back to Arrow

So last time I was at Arrow was middle of January and Millie was still alive but it was that weekend she went downhill and we then lost her :-(

So two months since I last rode and TEN months since I last rode Chorrie :-(

Blackberry

Started off on Blackberry and had lost my rise so worked on that, right pillar also missing - need to feel sat on right as almost a diagonal feel.

Revisited canter aids.

My right neck is a constant low level ache at the moment am seeing physio on 22nd and then SFO again on 31st will be interesting to see if pillar follows neck as my default is to tip head right (subconscious effort to relieve pain?)

Pooh

Started off on the buckle, then up into trot really struggled to have a right pillar.

Didn't get any comments about clambering up the reins but did get told to shorten reins so have I finally resolved the issue of trying to ride neck too short?

Had some issues in walk with Pooh going 1/4s in as we passed SFO, on one occasion had to really ask to get him to move 1/4s back.

Had some good moments in trot and in canter.

Overall chuffed as not ridden for two months and didn't have a confidence nightgown :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment