Thursday 8 March 2012

Fred and the farrier

So today had boy wonder farrier out, Fred was up first so quick chat pointed out how Fred was standing i.e. still compensating for check ligament and then I got on with mucking out.

Box rest hasn't been good for his feet nor has shifting weight off injured leg.

Any ways am mucking out when farrier pops head around door and asks about putting frog support pads on Fred to try and help his feet.

Farrier thinks feet problems are age related (Cushings) :-( rather than down to box rest.

I feel really :-( as hate the moment when it hits me that Fred is elderly and ...

I love that pony and whatever the future holds am grateful I am owned by him, he makes me laugh he is cheeky beyond cheeky but sometimes I can't breathe for loving him.

The other day I was mucking out around him and he came over and pressed his cheek against mine I'll never forget that moment. Of course five minutes later he was trying to tip over the wheelie!


No comments:

Post a Comment