Monday 16 January 2012

Torture by PomPoms

So off to Arrow for an overnight stay.

SATURDAY

Blackberry

Reviewed position left/right and got it wrong (!) more work on rising canter, SFO put Blackberry up to 3 (gallop) and I had to stand in my stirrups and let Blackberry gallop underneath me.

This seemed to improve my rising canter no end!

Pooh

Worked on rising trot on lunge (point soft) then off lunge, SFO wanted longer reins this put me out of my comfort zone. Will do work on the buckle or FDO but not longer reins (WTF?)

Anyway persisted with it and achieved some nice moments.

SUPPER

Had lovely supper with SFO, some interesting points most especially about learning. O
In a nutshell one of SFO's pupils had said to her if you want me to do E then which of A. B. C or D do I drop because I can only do four.

I guess this is why I can do point/soft and say sit right but not stretch right too. Not enough brain space.

Lovely single accommodation, great shower, warm, kitchen and comfy bed. I fell asleep to the sound of an owl @wub:

SUNDAY

Because of Millie cat being ill elected to only have the one lesson of teaching, so had ten minutes on Blackberry and forty minutes on Pooh.

Blackberry / Pooh

So started out on Blackberry rising canter with pompoms and I nailed it still can't quite believe that.

Onto Pooh on the lunge with pompoms and it was so much easier than last time.

Off the lunge and with imaginary pompoms still pretty good but failed to rise to trot whilst hands descend, whatever which way I tried my hands rose as I rise to the trot.

Had the best ever canter but failed to sit enough right and resorted to kicking. :-( Need to sit right more, if he isn't going forwards it will be because I'm not sat where I need to be.

Very pleased at progress made wrt riding with a longer rein, whilst I still when I lost the contact went to shorten the rein, on Sunday I managed to stop myself doing it and send him forwards to take up the rein.

Sunday was probably my best work on Pooh to date and yes I did apologise to him for my mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment