Monday 9 January 2012

Coping

Elaine M got me thinking after a FaceAche Inbox conversation.

Am I coping because to me it is all about being with them and I'm really not actually that motivated by riding?

I remember my first time at Ashen we did an exercise (memory fade) where you sit in front of the class and answer a set question out loud and someone else writes down your answers. You're not prompted to fill in any silences and the order the answers appear in is part of the 'analysis'

I do recall being surprised at and disbelieving of my 'analysis', as at that point I had Chorrie and I'd bought him specifically (or so I thought) to go out and compete on. My 'analysis' showed I was more motivated by just being with them than riding/competing. Yet I loved lessons, still do hence driving 200 miles to go to Arrow, yet actual riding was a fair way down.

So is that why I'm coping? Was this analysis actually correct? I wouldn't have predicted this but here we are. For Chorister it is going to be 18 months post initial injury before I'm back in the school and at this point I have no idea if he is going to be sound.

People are like tea bags IMO you've no idea what they're really like until you stick them in hot water, then and only then can you gauge their strength (and flavour )

I am NOT an Earl Grey tea bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment