Wednesday 12 March 2014

Osteopath

So this morning I went to the osteopath, a first for me was referred by my physio as pelvis was 'out' and in need of more manipulation than she could address.

Monday had to leave work early as couldn't sit or stand, spent yesterday in bed on Tramadol as nothing else was touching the pain.

So it is my psoas major which has pulled my left illeum (?) posteriorly and is the cause of my abdominal pain (nearly hit ceiling on palpation of left side) .

Very possibly this is why I had abdominal pain in 2007 and then again in 2008 which led to me being referred for ovarian scan (site of pain exactly the same)

It may also be why some 30 years ago (?) I was x-rayed following a back pain episode and told I had a scoliosis but then some years later it had 'gone' apparently it is back but he thinks it could well be the pelvis 'moving' causing the scoliosis to come and go or of course whoever told me it had gone was just wrong?

It also explains the back pain I get up between my shoulder blades

So the only question is now is this 'issue' something that has developed and with treatment/exercises will resolve or is it structural and i'll need a heel wedge to correct.

The above is my wording and may well be confused as the information was coming at me so fast, me I am just grateful to be out of severe pain.