Friday 14 January 2011

Loose ponies interrupt play

So monsoon rain at 09:30 didn't ring Clare to talk about cancelling as figured it would stop by 10:00.

Almost proved wrong :banana: but it did stop just in time.

Am back to slipping saddle :biggrin: dunno if it is new half pad/non slip pad (how ironic)/saddle fit/ley lines/whatever

Back to canter circle with collecting/allowing

Clare thinks there is progress in getting us both :) to release on right rein to help him into left rein we did

10m circle top corner travers long side 10m circle bottom corner then repeat next long side but shoulder in long side.

Do in both trot and canter.

Clare is clearly actively thinking how best to teach me as if I think too much about doing 'stuff' I become inwards focused and don't ride him forwards and also lose the mental connection to Chorrie as am focused on 'stuff' not on riding.

Half way through lesson Al's Murphy got out of his paddock aided by Vesuvius and galloped up and down the track scattering the horses on each side, startling and spooking Chorrie so got off and went to ring Ros to come and fetch naughty pony.

Clare :) did some inhand with C whilst we got M & V in.

Am allowed when wibbly to use more contact, it won't bother him and I need to nurture my confidence.

Am seeing Clare Sunday at new venue she was worried she was being too hard on me :wub: which is ironic as I don't mind constructive criticism/feedback and it wasn't even on my radar she was being tough :)

Have rearranged work next week so am at yard four mornings which gives me no excuse not to ride.

So there it is my target is to ride Mon,Tues, Thurs and Fri mornings and see how the confidence does.

No comments:

Post a Comment