Monday 10 January 2011

Life Enhancing Lesson

Just good got off feeling a million dollars :-)

Clare thinks my position is improving since she started teaching me generally my legs are 'longer' and are slowly getting quieter.

We're breaking again slowly our dependency on a tight right inside rein, this will always be hard because 1/ C likes to lean if he can and 2/ it is the arm with the neurological issue so will go tight and dead anyways.

I still go off my seat and need to own the rhythm in trot and not abandon him to find it.

Today we worked on canter with lots of walk breaks whilst we had no rain. Must not drill him in canter

So canter 20m circle collect on top half (only seat no hands), allow on bottom half. Rhythm to stay same.

Then as above but collect and 1/4s in, allow and 1/4s out.

Then counter canter -> walk -> true canter -> counter canter designed to try and get me to JFDI :wub: and NOT over analyse, so need to reduce to as few steps of walk as possible and deal with what I get when I've got it.

As I am doing Elementary this year need to get my brain quicker thinking; so need to start now.

JFDI DON'T OVER ANALYSE

I do have some moments of unconscious competence when Clare will say well adjusted but I have no idea what I did want more of those :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment