Tuesday 8 July 2014

Commitment be the ham not the egg

So was late getting out of work but luckily Tom was caught in traffic so I was ready on time, was feeling pretty under the weather IBS having flared up again (TMI?)

So take away points


  • Hold the left rein *properly* (Jeez when will I get this consistently?)

  • Be committed to the transition - At one point I lost connection so had a whinge and Tom pointed out the transition to walk  was just not good enough I am too fluffy and indecisive and we sometimes just wallow and wade into transitions. Essentially I have made Chorrie in my image (do enough at work to stay out of trouble) so if I want more I need to be committed and just darn well ask properly.

  • Started training trot half pass, I need to watch the angle, we are NOT riding GP so do NOT make them steep. So on left rein down centre line in left SI, keep him around inside (left) leg and move him across the diagonal to the left away from the right leg.

  • I am still thinking ‘ooh well done good boy’ and flopping into a heap *finish* the movement

  • Still need to do more adjusting pace (on and back) and  flexion to keep him listening and with me





No comments:

Post a Comment