Sunday 27 April 2014

Amazeballs

So first lesson with Tom this morning, explained I wanted to work on having C more forwards without using the kick and gallop down the long side technique as that wouldn't work for me

Tom watched me do walk warm up and basically I  don't do enough, too much time between transitions / movements. I would say looking back that I slop around with no plan or real purpose 

So on a 20m circle started working on walk -> halt! more leg required and just do more transitions than I usually do.

Added in partial turn on forehand, need to stay on my seat and not consent to being pushed off it, also need to think "tie to Tom" to make sure my shoulders are correct position.

Also halt -> rein back thinking quicker steps as schooling exercise then walk (later trot) 

Trot -> halt -> rein back -> walk -> turn to outside to change rein -> trot

In trot think inside leg to mid line, watch still doing tie to Tom, stay forward in rise 

The partial turns on forehand were much more useful for suppleing than my usual shoulder in/ travers

Halts improved hugely but I need to be more consistent , persistent and insistent to stay where we got today when on my own

End result was C more responsive to leg, better transitions and moving in trot without leaning and being manoeuvrable , could ask him to increase stride length without him going down onto my hands

Also much more inclined to have poll as highest point and not bear down.

Need to use outside rein more than I do and use inside less - change the ratio also need to use legs and support / hug him into downwards forwards transition

When about to ask for trot trans don't tighten through hips, relax and go. Looking back I think I have been getting too anxious about getting him to go and thus tighten and make it harder for him so Zintry harder and tighten more and bingo you're in a  vicious circle 

I think I need to praise more and smile more and enjoy the moment more. I have always looked as if I am sucking lemons when riding Tom couldn't tell if I delighted or not so how would that feel to Chorrie ? It was sone of the best feelings ever and if Tom didn't get that vibe then would Chorrie ?

It was amazing to feel the transformation in Chorrie without "getting after him" or doing anything really other than being quiet and riding with a plan and purpose.

It was an amazing high and I'm still flying :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment