Sunday 16 December 2012

Overnight at Arrow

So Friday went with J to meet SFO at Chase Distillery had a fab time tasting their products but sadly as a driver could do no more than let the liquid moisten my lips then put the glass down and lick lips. made up for it by practically buying the shop!

Planning to go back with taxi booked so can do a proper tasting session.

then drove the 30 minutes to Arrow whilst SFO came back via the Horse Boutique and Sue Adams so time for crumpets and tea; clearly J being a non driver and thus finishing up all the glasses had too much to drink as refused to take boots off in house as as predicted Ron came in, and of course being drunk she had to make sure Ron knew she had her boots on in the house by pointing it out and then wonders why he gets cross!

Saturday

So onto Blackberry worked on filling the right side with SFO putting her hand on my right side above my waist and my having to push her hand whilst staying on my seat, rope around waist to test core stability, worked on legs and letting go so legs can just hang.

I am now allowed to wear spurs another milestone :-)

Pooh well this was mostly about elbows and why do I think it all changes once I am on a real horse? On BB I keep a good pointy elbow and droppable forearm but put me on Pooh and it goes to pot.

Is it because he is crooked and somehow I am trying to compensate in my body? Biggest issue is if I concentrate on keeping my elbows I lose awareness of my crookedness.

So SFO worked on my regaining awareness of my crookedness with SFO pointing it out whilst we changed rein frequently which helped then worked on elbows whilst trying to stay straight, spurs really useful for keeping him off my right leg and we got some decent work :-)

Watched J and then SFO ride Crisp bareback interesting how he connects better through back when bareback he did some good forward stretching with SFO

Got back to stables at 19:00 with Ron expecting us in for supper at 19:30 oops! So quick shower then grabbed two bottles Champagne out of fridge, a lovely bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and a toothsome red.

Supper was brilliant fun and the party finally broke up at 23:30 when SFO, J and myself did late night stables.  Pooh had managed to get out of his rug (!) J then managed to insult SFO by how she compared it to the wonderful wonderful Dovecot

Sunday

Quick session on Blackberry working on contact, then onto Pooh much better from start got some really good work so good that SFO decided he wouldn't be ridden afterwards as had been planned. Me I was well chuffed.

Cup of tea with SFO then left later than planned (oops) and stopped for a very late lunch at Trumpet Corner 

I am going to scream if I hear one more time about 'my small house'; last time it was about how much easier it must be having a small house, yesterday it was surprise at our being able to have a Christmas tree in our 'small house' FFS it isn't that small and I am getting totally fed up with the lack of tact.

Next time I will be CROSS!



No comments:

Post a Comment