Saturday 8 December 2012

Back to Arrow


So yesterday I made it back to Arrow, did think the IBS was going to stop play  but just mentally thought do your worst as having not been since October I was pretty determined to go WHATEVER!

Set off with loads of time to spare and ended up getting there 5 minutes before my lesson, no matter what time I seem to leave I get there 5 minutes before lesson. Yesterday I crawled from the A40 to the M5   behind gawd knows what as there was just a huge queue of us all doing 20 mph   but did see nice gunmetal grey Ferrari

So started off on Blackberry apparently I now have droppable  forearms so as SFO said whatever I am doing is working. Right side still in need of attention.

Onto Pooh Bear started off on buckle picked up contact and seems like I left the droppable forearms behind in the simulator room   SFO did at one point say you can ride better than this

So lengthen reins ignore Pooh and assume he will go around corners and just go back to being on Blackberry, point soften so that starts to improve things. I had a lightbulb  moment when I twigged the reason I was giving away my left elbow was Pooh was heavier left rein and I was giving rein OK not on a conscious level as issue is not enough right rein. So SFO asked how I would correct it which always makes  me  so I said bend in squash out, then got asked which way and I'm thinking crap crap crap as I'm not hugely convinced I actually know anything at a sufficient level to verbalise it so said bend in left as that is side he is holding, squash out right to get him to fill right rein and :hail: SFO agreed :hail:

Did shoulder in and counter shoulder in initially SFO couldn't see which way was which so suggested she look harder (!) did get Pooh much better aligned, will be a good exercise for the Chorrie . Also starting to feel when Pooh isn't off my left/right leg, just need to refresh more often and thus keep him aligned.

Overall it was just so nice to be back and whilst I didn't just carry on from where I left off on Pooh I did get him aligned.


No comments:

Post a Comment