Friday 10 August 2012

Flying changes

Blackberry

Worked on improving my proprioception of right seat bone, pompom under right seat bone then remove pompom still MIA

Pooh (all captured on video)

SFO was trying new bit on Pooh, French link fulmer snaffle as opposed to eggbutt snaffle overall didn't think it felt any different but maybe it was the magic flying change bit of which more later :-D

So  usual start walk on long rein, then trot on a loose contact, similarly with canter. Canter need to remember to sit left and stretch right in canter.

Need to keep head up (SFO said to look at video to see impact of head up / head down on my seat / back) and keep right side stretched, plus elbows at sides. At times it feels like patting my head and rubbing my stomach to keep all these correctional balls up in the air and not drop one. However got canter on each ask except one where I didn't follow through the ask with intent.

Joy's correction on Chorister only works if I also sit left and stretch right on Pooh and probably on C too.

So time to put the Poozle Woozle on the aids need to get him sharper on this well actually I need to be sharper and more consistently demanding. Need to also make sure elbows are in place when asking. When riding on the aids my left hand goes to hell in a handcart, also need to make sure there is no backwards ask with my hands.

Holding whip in errant left hand does help as does maintaining my elbows.

So many trot/halt transitions later and I am getting a better sharper reaction so onto canter trying to sit left and stretch right so start on right rein with some goods from SFO then she suggests I come across diagonal and ask for a flying change. This is the point I should have clarified the aids for FC but no that would be sensible and involve inhibiting me I'd just rather gung ho into it and see what happens so around corner onto diagonal straighten Pooh and ask late behind bum bum bum, so onto left rein and nail that easily.

When asking from right to left, need to make sure I keep Pooh absolutely straight and not block with left hand or pull head to left and emphasise right seat bone to allow room for left hind to step under and through.

Can't believe that in just under a year that SFO would allow me to attempt a flying change that she'd consider I can ride well enough to attempt this on Pooh who SFO admits isn't the easiest of horses.

Wow just wow


No comments:

Post a Comment