Monday 30 July 2012

Arrow Road Trip

So off to Arrow in Barry the shiny new car :@) set off 30 minutes earlier than usual and got there as always ten minutes before lesson start. Seems to be some time warp that means no matter what time I leave yard I end up at Arrow ten minutes before lesson. So journey can take anything from 1h50 to 2 h 40m!

Barry did 77mpg on the way up so that was :@)

Gave Pooh his carrots and went in search of Blackberry.

Blackberry


Chatted to SFO about Friday's breakthrough that is when C was halting nicely then yawing on bit having tried less rein to no effect rather than previously I'd have kept on with less rein. I went outside 'the box' for me at least and tried the "Woah no changed my mind now go" with the woah being longer.

SFO wants someone to see if I collapse right on C as I do on Pooh, so need to find the willing victim!

Worked on seat bone stability rope around waist with SFO pulling me off my seat with my legs over front of saddle.

Worked on contact really need to stretch right side and have 'oranges under armpits' to get a good following contact.

Then worked with leg sensors on going up to 3 and down to 2, apparently this isn't easy (No sh!t Sherlock) but it did emphasise when under pressure I attempt to follow by opening my fingers rather than following with my arms *doh*

Pooh


So Ron and Richard getting the haylage stacked outside at the A end of the school, back in August 2011 that'd have been enough for me to have a meltdown, today whilst not delighted at this possible spooking opportunity knew I needed to get on with it and deal with 'it' IF 'it' happened. So of course the lovely Poozles never even thought of spooking at the noise outside but did spook at the bottle of fly spray on the 4th time of going past it which made me laugh; and that there is progress clear and measurable.

So usual start on buckle , then got told to pick up contact, do some trot work need to work on point/soften think I need to ask SFO to go over this again as my grasp on it is tenuous.

Then onto lateral work so change rein across long diagonal, then change bend then move quarters then leg yield parallel to wall with front legs on the long diagonal.

Rinse and repeat in trot.

Need to remember good position will get you 96% of way there, so adopt good position and sit and flow, kick kick and heaving makes it go to hell in a handcart.

When I remember to sit well and do less leg yield to left good and effortless, to right is a challenge to both Pooh and my crookedness.

Finished off with trot large need  to keep left elbow, Pooh tends to lean  tend to allow him the rein and thus arm straightens and I prop him up and it is too fixed. Keep elbow activate the horse and streeeetch right side.

Also did trot FDO need to be forward myself 'over knees' with a broad front line and stretch Pooh out to the rein.

SFO pleased with how I rode, me I was brain fried but happy.










No comments:

Post a Comment