Saturday 10 December 2011

Perfect pooh

So as always started on Blackberry, legs over front then Connie cushions under thighs whilst SFO waggled my legs around to try and improve

1/ the weight going down them
2/ separate moving my legs from my body. So move legs and body stays same.

Tried moving shoulders whilst not moving head still find that bloody hard plus coupled with staying on right seat bone.

Then tried rising to the canter brain exploded at this point. SFO not happy with my rising too much movement in lower back and shoulders doing too much so spent what seemed like forever going over and over it. With me having to sit on SFO's hand talk about feeling the pressure (both of us!)

Finally got a chink into what I need by thinking about rising into my heels.

Pooh

Had a letch with SFO over Ash from Masterchef ;~} SFO not keen on his accent, me I don't care as don't want him for his conversation! So agreed he'd be ok for cooking and shagging :@)

SFO asked what I wanted to do should have said repeat the canter exercise from last week but instead asked what SFO thought I needed to do knowing she'd say rising trot so rising trot it was.

Started off no stirrups loose rein in walk and felt totally spaced out and not really with it, balance felt shot away and didn't feel terribly present, felt better once stirrups back.

So loose rein work and turning then onto lunge and look at rising trot think rise into heels then onto turn on forehand which became turn around a cone which sounds pi$$ easy but shows up holes in basics for both horse and rider.

So imagine cone in school you want horse's nose over cone and you move horse around the cone pivoting on the nose over the cone. So nose stays over cone and legs describe two concentric circles around cone.

Thought left rein was hard enough until I tried right rein!

Had some good walk -> canter trans and felt this week I was actually committed to forwards in the canter. Got my first ever snort in canter so something is improving! Need to keep my right side stretched and left side softened and keep looking up.


No comments:

Post a Comment