Sunday 16 October 2011

Where I have chicken wings for arms!

So back to Arrow *whoop* *whoop* lovely driving over in the sun with the Autumnal colours beautiful countryside that makes you glad to be alive and living in England.

Remind me of this when it is January, grey, cold and pi$$ing down with rain!

Remembered carrots for the Pooh Bear who was pleased to see me or maybe pleased to see the carrots!

Started off on Blackberry got told I have chicken wings for arms! My upper arm is shorter than you'd expect hence the chicken wings gag! Remind to to always have a wee before Blackberry as we spend so much time laughing it certainly tests your pelvic floor!

Used the Connie cushions under my thighs and SFO spent time 'lengthening' my legs which clearly is a physical impossibility but had to let my leathers down FOUR holes after! So I assume you de-contract contracted muscle hence the apparent lengthening.

Need to have moveable forearms, I tend to get a 'hitch' in my upper arm that fixes my forearm. So moveable forearms

Onto Pooh Bear

Biggest take home is give an aid and immediately 'lengthen' the leg, I tend to give an aid 'upwards' and my leg contracts and contracts then SFO tells me off I lengthen my leg and to Pooh it feels like a halt so we get a halt!

However if I think aid, lengthen then 1/ SFO stops telling me off :-) 2/ Pooh gets a more forward active trot 'for free' clearly the contracted leg has a retarding effect.

Worked on weighting seat bones 60/40 (60 to inside) and aid with outside leg, need to keep inside leg soft to allow Pooh to step over.

Clucking was heard at one point :-D got reminded that whilst I may have chicken wing arms no need to do the funky chicken and stick my elbows out in canter!

So temporary fix is to think elbows by side.

Canter trans much better but need to get to the inhibit organise aid not flap aid bugger!

Seriously good two lessons, this is the lemonade from the lemons of Chorrie being off games. It is a total and utter bugger he is off especially for him as he is stuck in but it forced me back to SFO which is doing me good!

No comments:

Post a Comment