Friday 19 November 2010

Shoulder In

Lesson 2

So back on board after physio and day off for boy yesterday.

Told Clare he'd had physio and what physio wanted him to do (lots of sideways stuff and easy) so Clare said she'd adjust planned lesson to suit.

Still feel a bit :bawling: at findings; especially given he has been seen every six weeks by someone who never commented on the muscular development issues the physio did.

So walk warm up then trot then down to work.

1/ Walk 10m circle at C, come off circle, straighten then leg yield to track on hitting track shoulder in to corner, straighten then trot and on long side vary trot (not as far as medium)

2/ Then repeat in all trot.

Switch reins and repeat 1/ and 2/

then in trot 10m circle at 1/4 marker shoulder in to B or E 10m circle shoulder in to 1/4 marker, canter at 1/4 marker trot at B/E repeat change rein

SI on left rein initially messy, then realised I either helped him as best as I could even if my help not perfect so tried to help him more.

Then figure of eight in canter with change of leg via canter -> walk -> canter trans

Interesting debrief, Clare thinks I need to have more trust in what I can do, she also thinks the reason he sometimes isn't forwards is because he is protective of me and feels the wibble.

She thinks we make a good team, clearly we love each other and he wants to work with me (almost :banghead: at this point) her opinion is I am lucky to have him as he is very special.

Her view is that he needs more variety in his flat work, other than a bird flying out randomly (so a genuine spook) she wonders if the spook at nothing is due to boredom or being too held in front and it is his way out.

We talked about me having him quite short (I will also do this when alone and wibbly) and how when he is short I feel safer, but as she said he can get out of it by doing a step spook sideways which is what he does in lessons. Oddly enough when alone and wibbly have just realised he doesn't do sideways spook step

Hmm ...

Clare clearly lives by NLP and is hugely positive in all she does, teaches and says. It really has an impact on both me and C. He feels much jollier with Clare, more vibrant and didn't spook once. Clare fits with where I currently want to go, I now want to ride C with a longer neck (now don't need short holding rein for confidence) and do more lateral work. I wanted to do this before physio visit but now I know for the good of my horse I must make this change.

I've asked to be taken on as regular weekly pupil and she has agreed and will make space (Mother is to be asked to babysit), she is happy for me to use other trainers.

No comments:

Post a Comment