Wednesday 10 September 2014

You've got to want it

You've got to want it was  the phrase that stuck from last night's lesson

I wanted to work on half pass in walk particularly doing the zig zag as that is where I get most confused

Take homes are keep the poll up, especially in trot, straighten, change bend FINISH the movement, DO not flop keep riding as Tom said you can't ride a walk/trot like that. Didn't have the heart to tell him that was pretty much how I've ridden ALL my tests BT (Before Tom)

Then onto canter did four loop serpentines with simple change over centre line very pleased with boy and with me too

I had started thinking this was beyond my skill level so set off half assed, at which point Tom pointed out you have to WANT IT, so rode a circle and restarted with a bit of fcuking conviction and lo it happened

Really chuffed with the boy

He was really onwards bound after the walk half pass and felt up for it, the trot work was just lovely a little on the edge at times but he was just lovely and to think forwards used to be such a big issue 


No comments:

Post a Comment