Sunday 27 January 2013

January at Arrow

Usual format, arrive Friday around 14:00 Blackberry and Pooh, supper with alcohol and SFO and putting world to rights; then 10:00 Blackberry and Pooh on Saturday, home via ponies collapse in a mentally exhausted heap on sofa.

So Friday Blackberry have lost droppable forearms well clearly not lost my forearms as drove to SFO but have lost the droppable aspect, right hand is somewhat grabby so worked on that.

then onto Pooh Bear really need to ensure my wrists are straight not broken need to somehow transfer the way I ride Blackberry to Pooh, do less?

Saturday Blackberry worked on position left  and right by adjusting the pelvis rather than shifting bulk body weight. So worked on how this might feel. For me it is achieved by lengthening inside leg (so right leg for right canter) which feels to me like straightening knee. SFO very pleased with this as rather a breakthrough in how I use my seat.

Leg sensors on and how to activate without coming off seat so some good work

Pooh really worked on point soften had a bit of a light bulb moment over giving hand forward if I keep a straight wrist I do it.


  • Need to point on the rise
  • Need to move more than I think to actually move
  • Need to have ass out behind me when I sit (sit on potty!)
Interestingly enough when I get point soften going the energy changes and he bounces along and it is pretty much effortless.

Position left and right is just working :-D






No comments:

Post a Comment