Sunday 20 November 2011

Ride your horse forwards and straighten him

Yesterday I had a lesson with Sue and I think I may have felt briefly a straight horse.

The classical maxim is allegedly 'Ride your horse forwards and straighten him' which I've never really bought into as I think it is ass about or maybe I'm too literal?

If you do literally ride a crooked horse forwards what do you get? I think you get a crooked horse going forwards? I'm more with straighten your horse and allow him to go forwards. How can a crooked horse go forwards?

I'm as guilty as a guilty thing for not really doing what I say but under SFO you don't get to be crooked well not for very long unless you have cloth ears and no sense of self preservation.

So yesterday going large on a straight line away from SFO Pooh was reasonably straight and I could feel the power surge as he straightened under me.

Am going to need brave pants, fuller lesson report to follow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment