Tuesday 19 July 2011

Murphy Musings

Am hoping writing it down will get it off my mind and give me some peace.

It is a sunny Saturday in June, Murphy is sunbathing on the patio table we're about to go out so I want to get him in, so go to pick him up. Oliver come running out barking at nothing :@), Murphy has a bit of a struggle, I hold him a bit tighter and then he goes limp.

Rush him down to vets and he is OK, I insist they take blood, they say he is OK I insist so vet complies and we go back home.

Sunday get call they have messed up bloods so go back, Monday get told he has low PCV back in more blood PCV dropping. I insist they hospitalise him.

Long and short of it is we lose him, they have no donor cats and don't hold artificial blood doesn't arrive in time so we lose him.

Vet who is lovely is in tears when I go to collect his body.

It was after this I changed vets and found out where A had gone to, I know A would have taken me seriously on the Saturday, they have donors (Rafferty being one!) and could have got artificial blood faster.

We may have still lost Murphy who knows but my problem is what I now know about the old practice (from ex vet who is not A) suggests that the quality of care the vets are able to give is why their turnover of vets is so high.

Sky high charge for a drip for aged patients (ten times what I paid at new canine practice), vets being limited to drugs they can prescribe.

I don't think the above came into play with regard to Murphy but I'll never know at least now with A and the other vets at my feline practice my cats are in good hands.

I can't help but regret not trying to find where A had gone earlier but at the time I thought I'd get good quality care even if she had left.

Hindsight is always 20/20 sleep well Murphy cat you were much loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment