Friday 11 March 2011

Walking on Sunshine

Well first bit of good news is I had my physio yesterday and it feels so GOOD to have gone to work and not be in pain :-)

So lesson with Clare, had agreed in advance that today would be about forwards.

Warmed up and I cannot currently recall what we did in the first part of the lesson :-(

Second part was on sharpening up my reactions so lots of quick transitions, then Clare calling left, right or trot to define which canter lead to select from walk or if I should trot.

Some very interesting learning:-
  • I am unaware of my left leg flapping away, when I think it is still it is active. If I look at it I can get control of it.
  • On left rein, struggle to canter right lead. Can do it from a forward seat, need to think about sitting an weighting down my legs. Toes up.
  • I like an age to prepare, but what exactly am I doing? This is a habit. I will learn new behaviours.
Homework
  • Left leg
  • Quick transitions
  • Toes up
  • Watch the right rein






No comments:

Post a Comment